FRM is a public benefit organisation providing help to children suffering from cancer. It belongs to the global organisation called Ronald McDonald House Charities.
The objective of our activity was:
- to create a website ensuring effective support for the Foundation in its everyday operations (including Ronald McDonald’s Houses and family rooms in hospitals, Foundation Ambulance - prophylactic examinations, “your blood - my life” and many more);
- to build a community dedicated to helping children suffering from cancer;
- to design a space for donors and media;
- to acquire online donations connected with individual FRM’s actions;
- to adjust communication to RMHC’s global standards.
We have been cooperating with FRM for over 6 years. Over the years, the Foundation’s people (in particular Katarzyna Nowakowska, the Managing Director) have shown us what is important for this special community. In this sense, the creation process starts from a reflection on not only the product (better interface, effective information architecture, etc.) but, most of all, from empathy. Empathy is what we felt during the implementation of this project.
This project entailed emotions and pragmatism resulting from the adopted method of working (mock-ups, research, assessments, audits) as well as new FRM projects undertaken just nearby, e.g. Ronald McDonald’s House in Krakow or the newly built RMD’s House in Warsaw. The website was built on the CMS vmContent system and, in the front-end layer, we enhanced its accessibility thanks to using a contrast version.
- Considerable support for nationwide donation programmes was ensured.
- One of the main tools informing about FRM’s activity in Poland was created.
- Acquiring financial means via an online donation form (PL and EN version) is possible.
- Space for cooperation with donors, both companies and natural persons, was created.
- Communication synergy between the website and Facebook was ensured in terms of content distribution and users’ flow.
prof. Adam Jelonek
President of the Management Board
Ronald McDonald House Charities Poland
The Visual Media personnel includes people of high industry competences, immense work culture and ambition to create really good things. It is our pleasure to recommend cooperation with Visual Media.